Our calendars are CO2 neutral.
Inspired by the objectives of the Climate Summit in Copenhagen, De Bie Calendars ensures a positive ecological footprint.
For printing we use eco-inks, these inks are purely plant based. We have replaced the extremely environmentally unfriendly UV-varnish with a high gloss water based varnish. For the same ecological reasons we print all our calendars in full colour. We have stopped producing calendars in 1 and 2 colours. So we ban the use of special pantone inks, which are very harmful to the environment.
More than the usual attention is paid to sustainable entrepreneurship.
Our printing company produces environmentally friendly:
- use of sustainable energy
- use of environmentally friendly alternative products
- reduction of waste volumes
- reduction of raw material consumption
- and a ‘measuring is knowing' -program is part of the daily routine.
Our environmental policy is all about:
- Compliance with the relevant environmental legislation and other requirements.
- The rational - and where possible reduced - use of water, energy and raw materials.
- The responsible handling of dangerous products, investigating ways to reduce their use or looking for less harmful alternative products.
- Source-separated collection, appropriate disposal and reducing the volumes of waste products.
- Drawing up instructions and procedures to prevent environmental calamities.
- Adopting eco-conscious behaviour by all employees through suitable training and instructions.
- Providing information and expert advice to customers on eco-friendly ways of manufacture.
In order to compensate for the remaining CO2 emissions, we have joined Climate Partners, and in this way support a windmill project in Taiwan.
De Bie calendars is now a completely climate neutral company!